Ms. Minto has been a business and estates transactional attorney based in California since 2003. Her practice is now located in Tustin, CA but represents individuals and entities based throughout the United States and abroad. Her practice is unique in that she endeavors to represent clients globally by bridging the gap between trust planning/administration and business planning and management. She and other members of her firm have an ongoing relationship with growing or transitioning businesses all the way from weighing the best business entity structure and jurisdiction for each client, through business formation, to eventually structuring liquidation and dissolution of business entities and the drafting of succession plans which ensure continuation of business through the next generation or a sale and divestment.
Ms. Minto regularly works in tandem with family law counsel to protect and preserve business and trust assets during the course of a divorce. She has advised numerous clients during marital dissolutions to ensure compliance with family law ATROs while managing and operating family businesses. In addition to representation of business owners during marital dissolutions, Ms. Minto serves as an on call in-house attorney by drafting and negotiating buy-sell agreements, agreements governing third-party relationships, employment matters and business relationships; insurance and financial transactions; conducting due diligence; and maintaining compliance with applicable government regulations.
Ms. Minto has assisted clients in crafting comprehensive estate plans, including formation and registration of tax exempt organizations, establishing irrevocable trusts, including grantor-retained trusts, and other tax saving vehicles which ensure preservation and management of wealth for generations. Upon the death of a family member, Ms. Minto has provided guidance and comfort to trustees and beneficiaries of the decedent during the trust administration process, and assistance in transitioning family business interests.
Ms. Minto has been selected as Southern California Rising Star by Super Lawyers, in 2008 and 2010. She speaks Italian, Spanish and French.
- George Washington University, Elliot School of International Affairs, B.A. (1999)
- Whittier Law School, J.D. (2003)
- Certified Mediator (2008)
- State of California including California Supreme Court (2003)
- 9th Circuit Federal Court, California State Bar (2003)
- Bar Memberships and Committees
- State Bar of California, Business and Trusts & Estates Section Member
- American Bar Association – Business Law Section
- Past Chair, OCBA Business and Corporate Section
- Member, OCBA Trusts and Estates Section
- OC Women’s Legal Roundtable, Executive Board
RECENT EDUCATIONAL LECTURES AND PRESENTATIONS
- HVA Client Seminar, Island Hotel, November 2013: Common Mistakes and Opportunities in Property Tax Planning and Transfers
- OCBA Estate and Trust Section Annual Seminar 2015: Crossover Issues in Trust & Estate Law and Family Law American Bar Association
- OCBA Business & Corporate Section Meeting 2016: The Business of Divorce: Protecting and Preserving Business Interests during a Marital Dissolution Action
- OCBA Family Law Section Meeting 2016: Divorcing the Company: A Family Law Practitioner’s Guide to Analyzing and Challenging Corporate Document
- Orange County Study Group Presentation 2016: Estate Planning Solutions and Opportunities for Family Law Practitioners
- Estate Planning Basics: “It’s Your Estate” hosted by Financial Empowerment & Estate Literacy, Inc. September 20, 2016 in Laguna Niguel, CA