GIVING BACK TO THE COMMUNITY
OUR DEDICATION TO PRO BONO WORK & DONATION OF 1% OF OUR GROSS REVENUES
WE PROUDLY DONATE LEGAL SERVICES TO THE FOLLOWING LOCAL NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS:
TUSTIN COMMUNITY FOUNDATION (WWW.TUSTINCOMMUNITYFOUNDATION.ORG)
The Foundation focuses its funding and activities on the needs of the residents of the greater Tustin area across the arts, health and human services, environment, culture, education, youth, seniors and civic life with a goal to leave a footprint. Since 2008, the Foundation has awarded over $500,000 to more than 80 community-wide programs including:
- Funding organizations that feed the hungry and homeless, educate youth on dangers of destructive behavior, provide shelter to the abused and bring art and culture to the community;
- Supporting low income families through programs at the Boys & Girls Club, Grandma’s House of Hope, the Illumination Foundation, Veterans First and the Council on Aging;
- Purchasing needed sports and music equipment for local school programs;
- Offering low cost CPR classes for local residents;
- Raising environmental awareness through the LIVEgreen program; and
- Adopting a quick response to emerging community needs.
During just the past year, it is estimated that more than 9,000 community members were touched in some way by the Tustin Community Foundation.
HIRSHBERG FOUNDATION FOR PANCREATIC CANCER RESEARCH (WWW.PANCREATIC.ORG)
The goal and mission of the Hirshberg Foundation for Pancreatic Cancer Research includes:
- To find a cure for pancreatic cancer in honor of Ron Hirshberg and the thousands of people who are diagnosed with this disease each year.
- To create a premier Pancreatic Cancer Center where all needs of pancreatic cancer patients can be met in one location with the most advanced treatment options.
- To be recognized as a patient support reference source for pancreatic cancer patients and their families.
- To fund projects and programs designed to improve patient care, treatment and, ultimately, pancreatic cancer survival rates.
- To integrate and unite generations, young and old, through physical fitness participation, while creating public awareness and raising money to find a cure for pancreatic cancer.
SURFRIDER FOUNDATION, NEWPORT BEACH CHAPTER
- Thirty years ago, a group of surfers from Malibu, California, were concerned about the health risks associated with environmental threats posed by escalating coastal development at their favorite surf spot. They took action. Not even they could have envisioned the history they were making when they succeeded in protecting their beloved surf spot.
- Since our inception in 1984, the Surfrider Foundation has evolved into one of the largest non-profit grassroots organizations dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of the world’s ocean, waves and beaches through a powerful activist network.
- Today, we are measurably stronger, with more force and movement than ever before. We have 84 chapters, plus 30 high school and college clubs, and more than 250,000 supporters, volunteers and activists around the country. We are working on about 100 different campaigns in four core areas: beach access, clean water, coastal preservation (coastal development) and ocean protection. Armed with a model to defend the coast, we have achieved more than 300 coastal victories (and counting) since 2006.
- There’s still a lot of work to be done. Our work is critical. And, our long-term success and growth is a tribute to our founders’ vision: that taking on an environmental battle may not be easy, but with constant pressure, endlessly applied, it can, and will, be won. It’s what makes Surfrider unique.
In addition to providing pro bono services to these organizations, we also have committed to donating one percent (1%) of our gross revenue to these organizations. We allow our clients to select one of these three organizations or the Environmental Defense Fund as their organization of choice and we will donate 1% of all that client’s gross revenue to the organization at the end of each year. By hiring our law firm our clients are directly putting money back into supporting their community.
We strive to be valued leaders in the community and a force for change. Whether legal, industry or community based we support a variety of nonprofit organizations through membership, board service, and financial contributions. Some of the many organizations of which we are a part are:
- George Washington Alumni Association
- Whittier Law School Alumni Association
- Orange County Rescue Mission
- Orange County Bar Association
- California State Bar
- Operation Helping Hands
- Hirshberg Foundation for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- Pauly’s Project
- Environmental Defense Fund
- Tustin Chamber of Commerce
- Save Our Children
- World Affairs Council
- Special Olympics, World Games
- Girl Scouts of Orange County
- Surfrider Foundation
- Director, Tustin Community Foundation
CONTACT N·M LAW, APC