GIVING BACK TO THE COMMUNITY
OUR DEDICATION TO PRO BONO WORK & DONATION OF 1% OF OUR GROSS REVENUES
WE PROUDLY DONATE LEGAL SERVICES TO THE FOLLOWING LOCAL NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS:
TUSTIN COMMUNITY FOUNDATION (WWW.TUSTINCOMMUNITYFOUNDATION.ORG)
The Foundation focuses its funding and activities on the needs of the residents of the greater Tustin area across the arts, health and human services, environment, culture, education, youth, seniors and civic life with a goal to leave a footprint. Since 2008, the Foundation has awarded over $500,000 to more than 80 community-wide programs including:
- Funding organizations that feed the hungry and homeless, educate youth on dangers of destructive behavior, provide shelter to the abused and bring art and culture to the community;
- Supporting low income families through programs at the Boys & Girls Club, Grandma’s House of Hope, the Illumination Foundation, Veterans First and the Council on Aging;
- Purchasing needed sports and music equipment for local school programs;
- Offering low cost CPR classes for local residents;
- Raising environmental awareness through the LIVEgreen program; and
- Adopting a quick response to emerging community needs.
During just the past year, it is estimated that more than 9,000 community members were touched in some way by the Tustin Community Foundation.
PAULY’S PROJECT (WWW.PAULYSPROJECT.ORG)
Paul Avila’s son, Pauly, born blind and autistic, could only be calmed with the sound of music in his ears.
As a young boy, Paul would accompany his mother to downtown Los Angeles to bring food and clothes to his uncle on skid row. Remembering how good he felt when he gave food and clothing to the less fortunate; it was a feeling of accomplishment. This feeling stayed with Paul as he grew up.
Inspired by his son’s reaction to music, Paul, with his own money, purchased radio headsets and distributed them to the homeless on skid row. These headsets seemed to give them the feeling of being connected with the world around them. As the news of his mission spread, Paul started getting more and more resources to purchase more headsets as well as hygiene packages.
Now Paul holds a yearly event, around the holidays, to provide meals, headsets, hygiene products and musical entertainment to the homeless. Stressing the fact that one hundred percent of all donations received by Pauly’s Project goes to the purchase of these essential items.
CASA – (WWW.CASAOC.ORG)
Founded in 1985, with major support from the Junior League of Orange County, we serve annually approximately 800 of the children who move through our court system as a direct cause of abuse and neglect. We are able to serve these children through the generous support of those who donate to CASA
as well as the immeasurable compassion and commitment of our CASAs and other volunteers.
CASA provides a powerful voice for youth in the child welfare system through a unique one-on-one relationship with trained and supervised court appointed volunteer advocates. We work to ensure that these youth are safe, have a permanent home and an opportunity to thrive.
In addition to providing pro bono services to these organizations, we also have committed to donating one percent (1%) of our gross revenue to these organizations. We allow our clients to select one of these three organizations or the Environmental Defense Fund as their organization of choice and we will donate 1% of all that client’s gross revenue to the organization at the end of each year. By hiring our law firm our clients are directly putting money back into supporting their community.
We strive to be valued leaders in the community and a force for change. Whether legal, industry or community based we support a variety of nonprofit organizations through membership, board service, and financial contributions. Some of the many organizations of which we are a part are:
- George Washington Alumni Association
- Whittier Law School Alumni Association
- Orange County Rescue Mission
- Orange County Bar Association
- California State Bar
- Operation Helping Hands
- Hirshberg Foundation for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- Pauly’s Project
- Environmental Defense Fund
- Tustin Chamber of Commerce
- Save Our Children
- World Affairs Council
- Special Olympics, World Games
- Girl Scouts of Orange County
- Surfrider Foundation
- Director, Tustin Community Foundation
CONTACT N·M LAW, APC